In May 2020 the Rural and Remote Health Scientific Symposium will be held in Alice Springs. Every two years we meet to learn, listen and share ideas about how to improve health outcomes in rural and remote Australia.
The 7th Rural and Remote Health Scientific Symposium is brought to you by the Australian Rural Health Education Network (ARHEN), the Federation of Rural Australian Medical Educators (FRAME), the Lowitja Institute and the National Rural Health Alliance (NRHA).
It will bring together the rural and remote health research sector with policy makers and others in the government and the non-government sectors to shape the future of rural and remote health research.
To book flights to and from the conference please contact Travel Makers on (02) 6223 2780 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Travel Makers has a number of accommodation options available to book for this conference.
Payment for accommodation is required at the time of booking. Please note that a surcharge of between 1.45% - 2.2% will apply to all credit card payments, depending on the card type. For any enquiries please call Travel Makers on (02) 6223 2780 or email email@example.com.
• Travel Makers Standard cancellation/amendment fees apply which are $33.00 per amendment per person
• Accomodation cancellation fees apply as per below:
- 30-15 Days 1 night of of hotel/Breakfast charge
- 14-0 Days 100% of hotel/Breakfast charge
- No show 100% of hotel/Breakfast charge
• Airline fees and charges as per fare rule and conditions of carrier
• Credit Card Fees Apply – 1.5% MasterCard 3% American Express/Diners Club
• Payment required upon confirmation
• All pricing and availability subject to change
• All Rate are in Australian Dollars and are inclusive of GST
• Security and conduct – Please refer to Hotel/Airline/operator website for all conditions. Travel Makers is not liable for any breach of rules/regulation/policy with any suppliers entered into within this agreement
• Loss or Damage - Please refer to Hotel/Airline/operator website for conditions. Travel Makers is not liable for any breach of rules/regulation/policy with any suppliers entered into within this agreement
• All Hotels have various check-in times. Please refer to the hotel website for further information
Crowne Plaza Alice Springs – Conference Venue
Nestled at the foot of the majestic MacDonnell Ranges in Alice Springs, the 4.5 star Crowne Plaza Alice Springs Lasseters offers rooms with a balcony or patio. Guests enjoy free WiFi, a heated pool, a spa bath and a 24-hour health and fitness centre.
Crowne Plaza Alice Springs Lasseters is located next to Alice Springs Convention Centre and Alice Springs Golf Course. Alice Springs Desert Park is 15 minutes' drive away. Guests have free use of mountain bikes to explore the area.
Crowne Plaza Alice Springs Lasseters offers rooms and suites featuring an LCD TV with in-room movies and cable TV.
There is an on-site casino, a sauna and a spa and wellness centre. Other facilities include a concierge service, a tour desk and laundry services.
Guests can enjoy 4 bars and 3 restaurants, including Juicy Rump bar and grill, Tempo, a wine and tapas bar, and Tali which offers modern Australian cuisine with outback influences.
King or Twin Room - $160.00 per night (Room only)
Pre-Paid Breakfast - $22.00 pp per day ($29.00 pp per day if not pre-paid)
Request a booking
Double Tree by Hilton Alice Springs (Approximately 300m from Conference Venue)
Experience eco-friendly luxury and enjoy stunning views of the majestic MacDonnell Mountain Ranges when you stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs. Conveniently located just off Stuart Highway, the hotel is only 15 minutes’ drive from Alice Springs Airport and within walking distance of downtown.
Enjoy easy access to many businesses, government offices and attractions such as Simpsons Gap, Desert Park and Anzac Hill. Ideal for both corporate and leisure guests, this Alice Springs hotel offers fantastic business and recreational facilities and friendly service from our dedicated staff. We will even welcome you with a signature, warm DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie when you check in.
All of our spacious guest rooms and suites offer mountain views, generous work surfaces, luxurious bedding and internet access. Work out in the 24-hour fitness center, improve your serve on one of two tennis courts, swim in the heated outdoor pool overlooking the lush garden landscape or play a round on the 18-hole golf course located just next door.
King/Twin Room - $155.00 per night
Breakfast - $23.00 pp per day
Request a booking
Other hotels are available on request, please contact us for more information.